a globe in practice, not in theory
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Quickway is committed to promoting and maintaining a culture and a work environment where risk to health and safety through our work is unacceptable.
To meet this commitment the company will, as far as is reasonably practicable, provide healthy and safe working conditions for all people associated with our businesses, including employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public.
In order to meet these responsibilities Quickway will:
- Implement and maintain procedures and processes in accordance with AS/NZS 4801 Health and Safety Management.
- Obtain and maintain external certification to AS/NZS 4801.
- Develop safety awareness throughout the company by ensuring all employees are construction inducted and cards available and ongoing education and training through courses and toolbox talks.
- Take all practicable steps to eliminate hazards within the workplace through risk identification, assessment, control and monitoring to ensure continuing effectiveness.
- Comply with all applicable Australian health and safety statutory and licensing requirements and any other requirements to which we voluntarily subscribe and which customers specify.
- Strive to continuously improve health and safety management by setting objectives and performance measures and regularly reviewing progress against the targets set.
- Involve all our people in health and safety management through consultation and by contributing to identifying, assessing and controlling hazards and communicating health and safety performance.
- Ensure all incidents are accurately reported, recorded and root causes identified, and where injury or illness occurs, help our people to achieve full recovery through prompt treatment and active rehabilitation.
- Ensure resources are made available to meet the commitments of this policy.
With this commitment , all managers, supervisors and employees are aware of and accept their responsibility to provide a safe work environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
With the growing concerns for our environment, Quickway’s consideration for our environment is of the utmost importance.
It is our mission to be a responsible business committed to protecting and conserving the resources and preventing pollution in all our business activities.
Quickway is committed to conserving and protecting the environment by establishing and meeting the following targets and objectives:
- Compliance with applicable regulations, industry standards, and contractual requirements
- Implement and maintain a documented Environmental Management System compliant to ISO14001
- Promote responsible environmental practices to all employees through environmental plans and/or registers
- Continual improvement of the Environmental Management System through periodic reviews against defined environmental objectives
- Support of the concept of waste minimization
- Support Client initiatives when on sites
- Our Environmental Policy is communicated to employees, clients, contractors and is available to the public
All Quickway workers are required to co-operate with management so that the policy, programmes and legislative requirements ensure that the environment remains in a safe and healthy condition.
Quickway Managers will always be held accountable for detecting conditions detrimental to the environment.
The Directors directly supports the environmental system requirements by integrating environmental deliberation and responsibility into day to day decisions and long term goals across all activities and disciplines.
Quality Policy Statement
Quickway is committed to deliver products and services that will satisfy or exceed our client’s expectations and achieve client satisfaction throughout the courses of its business activities, from concept to completion.
To achieve this, we have implemented an effective and appropriate Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
In order to achieve this aim Quickway commits to:
- Become an employer of choice
- Provide the support resources necessary to ensure compliance with company and statutory requirements
- Obtaining certification to ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, AS 4801 Health & Safety Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Engage suitably qualified, skilled and competent personnel to carry out work activities
- Train and develop employees were necessary
- Engage subcontractors and suppliers whose work practices and processes comply to Quickway and /or client requirements
- Report and record non-compliance situations, and initiate remedial action to instigate continuous improvement, rectify non-compliance and prevent recurrent incidents.